Amanda Holland – 0121 355 4555 – 0121 702 1580 – [email protected]
I have been a family lawyer for over 25 years and was nominated and shortlisted for the Law Society, Legal Executive of the Year in 2015. I have worked in some of the top Legal 500 family teams in Birmingham. I have been described as “practical and pragmatic in giving advice, but tough when needs to be”. The end of a relationship does not mean the end of a family and I am a member of Resolution. I am proud to be a Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Legal Executives.
The end of a relationship is hard, whatever the circumstances, and I actively work with other professionals such as mediators, accountants, financial advisers, pension advisers, mortgage advisers, the conveyancing team at Ashley James, therapists and life coaches to help you through the breakdown of a relationship.
I am a collaborative practitioner and member of the West Midlands Collaborative Family Law Group. The collaborative process involves working together with your former partner and their collaborative lawyer to reach solutions together without going to court. I advise on:
- Children disputes (but not care proceedings)
- Internal (within the UK) and external (outside the UK) relocation of children
- Financial disputes and settlements (including draft Consent Orders),
- Complex financial claims including those involving high net worth assets and involving 3rd parties such as interveners
- Separation agreements
- Property disputes involving unmarried couples
- Living together agreements
- Dissolution of civil partnerships and same sex marriages
- Non molestation and occupation orders to provide protection against domestic abuse
- Resolving disputes through the collaborative process
I operate an open and transparent policy regarding legal costs and a reduced fee for a first meeting. We are not able to offer advice under the legal aid scheme. Although meetings are available in Sutton Coldfield and Solihull, I have acted for clients throughout the UK and beyond and continue to offer appointments by Zoom and Teams. Ashley James Solicitors also have a team of property lawyers who can help with your sale, purchase and/or transfer of property.